I wrote this post back at the beginning of the year and I DID start it by saying that I am horrible at keeping resolutions,, well as it turns out Im not any better at making a list of things to do and actually doing them... Here's my update.
Im the worlds worst at making or keeping resolutions. So this year Im doing this instead. 52 things I'd like to do or finish in 52 weeks. (Except I only made a list of 26 )
1. Take my breaks everyday at work.. whether Im super busy or not.. I deserve them !! And better yet,, walk during break! Nope - still usually work through my breaks
2. Have a date night with my hubby at least once a month. We have had maybe 2 dates since the beginning of the year --ugh! We did go to the movies one afternoon after work.. that was really nice. One night we headed to the movies but there was nothing playing neither of us wanted to see so we went to HomeDepot instead and got started on #8 below.
3. Declutter my house – Yep, I know, that’s a big one. Im a pack rat and like to keep stuff that I MIGHT use one day. Yep - I have been doing this slowly through this year.. still more to clean up/out.
4. Don’t pay A N Y overdraft fees this year. I would have a nice little rainy day fund with all the fees I’ve paid this past year. I'll just avoid this one !
5. Try to drink more water and cut waaaayy back on the coke. ( and I hate drinking water) .. Yeah right
6. Do at least 5 fundraiser type walks (hopefully with my girls ) ..there are several coming up soon. I did 3 so far,, maybe I can work in a couple more before the end of the year.
7. Repaint Tyler’s room and make new camo curtains and pillows for the bed. .. Uh , nope
8. Start replacing carpet (it has to go) all through the house with wood flooring. .. yes, we finished our bedroom and replaced flooring in the kitchen
9. Start and finish some pinterest projects that I have pinned. .. still working on this
10. Spend lots of time with my grandgirls. I know too well how fast they grow and I don’t want to look back and wish I had taken more time with them than I did. Now this I have done,, as much as I possibly can and have enjoyed every exhausting minute of it.
11. Go hunting at least one time with Tyler. Yes!
12. Try try try to get pictures taken and cards made in time to send out Christmas cards next year.. I love getting them in the mail. we"ll see,, hopefully I can do it this year
13. Start (and hopefully finish in time) both of the grandgirls a blanket/quilt for their 1st birthday. .. Didnt get it done for the first birthday but Im hoping I'll have them started and finished by Christmas.
14. Find out what my healthy weight is and get there. .. Found it out now to just get there
15. Keep all the bills paid to date and stop paying late fees. .. Did pretty good on this one
16. Go to the movies with the kids, sisters and mama. .. havent yet
17. Start eating healthier foods. Cut out the snack cakes and “sniff sniff” not so many Sonic stops. .. NOPE
18. Paint some of those signs I’ve been saving boards for. .. NOPE
19. Go to the St Patricks Day parade with all the family.. YES we did,, both babies went to their first parade.
20. Go to the Canton Flea Market either in May or October ,, missed both times
21. Go out of town for the weekend just me and Jeff ...,, WE did go to the coast but Tyler went with us.. It was still a lot of fun
22. Invite family and friends over more.. cook and just hang out .. failed miserably at this.
23. Throw Jeff a big birthday party. .. something came up
24. Help Tyler keep his grades up and pass 11th grade .. He DID pass 11th grade.
25. Mardi Gras feb 18th at the coast.. Go.. have fun!! .. We went but it stormed so we left early and missed the parade
26. Find myself a new hairstyle and go a little bit shorter. .. still thinking on this one.. my daugther said this ecard sounded just like me.. ha ha ha,, its true!