Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cement Paver Flower Pot

(this post was written a few weeks back,, I thought I had hit publish but I guess I didnt).. Enjoy! 

I've been wanting to make these for a long time.  I first saw them in a Lowes booklet that came in the mail.  Of course I didnt have the instructions with me at the store and forgot that the bottom was suppose to be a bigger paver.. but we glued the small one to the bottom and I like how you can't see it,, plus there is just a bit of a crack on both sides that allows for drainage.. I wished I would've thought to take a few pictures of the building process but I didnt even think about it.  The gray spots on the sides are where we put a little bit too much of the glue and it seeped out,, but it can either be painted over or left as is for a bit of character.  I dont have a green thumb at all so we'll see if this thing survives.  I loved the color of it. 





We all worked outside Sunday and I worked on my little flower bed.  Im hoping to add some actual flowers to it soon.. Just a lot of green stuff right now.  My Easter lilys that I dug up from Jeff's grandmas house last year are coming back and I cant wait to see them in bloom. 




While we were taking pics at the railroad tracks I found these two pieces and laid them together to make a cross.. I had intended to bring them home and mount on a piece of wood/board ,, but I forgot them when we left. 


2 comments:

  1. Debbie-your planter looks great! I don't ever look at that Lowes publication... hmmmm
    your flower beds are going to be so pretty when stuff blooms! :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those planters! Somehow I missed that in the Lowes magazine.I would like to make some out of the really BIG pavers, but that might be hard to do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails