Friday, September 25, 2009

No vinyl lettering?? DIY

As you know I love quotes and things with names on them. And I havent ventured into the vinyl lettering thing yet,, so whats a girl to do?? Make something that looks just as good. I made this sign for my mama & daddy.
Used a scrap piece of wood that I sanded down just a bit,, found a font that I liked in Microsoft word and printed the letters out. I then pasted those onto a pc of cardstock, cut them out and to make the letters a little more bold, I laid them out and spray painted them with my dollar store paint. After the letters have been glued/decoupaged on, and the sign has been sealed they almost look like vinyl. So that works for me. This is the 2nd sign I've done like this. Cant wait to try some more.




Thanks for stopping by!



(Hope you'll leave a comment,, I'd love to visit your blog too! )

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping you were not going to say you hand painted it. I don't have a steady enough hand to do something like that. I like your way better. My dad has the equipment to make vinyl letting, but I haven't asked him to make anything yet. I can't decide what to letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks terrific! Makes me sad that I don't have Microsoft Word anymore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails