Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Headband holder X2

With two litle GRANDdaughters on their way I decided to make these cute headband holders after I saw the girls at Shanty2Chic make one.   I didnt put mine together exactly the way they did but the basic construction is the same.   These are really easy to put together and hold lots of headbands.  Emmie's is full already,, now we have to work on filling up Skyelars'. 

Materials I used : 
1 - square dowel ( $2.47)
Gorilla wood glue
scap 2x4's
wood biscuits(won from a blogger a while back)
paint
scrap chair rails
1 - curtain rod finial
scrap 1x2
screws



I only spent $2.47 on 1 dowel for both of these.  Everything else I had on hand.  And these were really fun to make.  It would be a great gift for a little girl paired together with a few headbands. 



I used a scrap 2x4, scrap 1x2, biscuits on the end of the dowels and an old curtain rod finial for this one. I screwed a 3 inch screw up from the bottom of the 2x4 and then on the part sticking out screwed the 1x2 down on to the 2x4.  Used wood glue to attach the dowel to the 1x2 and then screwed on the finial.  And it was fine.,,, But wasnt nearly big enough to hold even half of the headbands Emmie already has. This was painted with sponge brush and distressed just a bit.





  So I took it half apart and added a second arm.  Now its good to go.  I just have to give it a final spray paint job. 

For this one I used scrap 2x4, two different pieces of chair railing and wood biscuits. And
I painted this one using Rustoleum Painters Touch spray paint in black.  I love that paint. 
This is Skyelars'.. her nursery bedding is gonna be pink and black so I painted hers
black instead of the cream color. 


Thank you Whitney @ Shanty2Chic for the inspiration! 

1 comment:

  1. very cute! I have so many scraps-I could make tons! :)
    hope you're having a great week!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails