Friday, October 8, 2010

Ole Miss cake and a sneak peek

This is a cake I made for a very sweet coworker/friend this past weekend.  Her little boy turned 10 and loves Ole Miss. 

Outilined and ready to fill in

When I first started doing cakes I stressed over getting them perfectly smooth.. not anymore, because in the end when the borders and sprinkles have all been  added its not noticeable and it is JUST  cake,, it will be EATEN


He's almost dressed now..

And he's all ready to party!





We're not really big football fans at our house but we do have our favorites and we are a house divided.. half Ole Miss and half Ms State fans.  I plan on making a Bulldog and Rebel cake this year for game day when they play each other.. We'll see how that goes.

I'll be linking up today over at Gail's place for her Catch as Catch Can party.. If you've never visited her blog before, you should really take the time and do it. She repurposes any and everything and makes completely new and unique pieces out of them. 





A sneak peek of whats to come... my redo of the dresser..




Thanks for stopping by,, Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. ooo....can't wait to see the dresser:) Love the cake- you are quite an artist!!! Thnaks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cake! thanks so much for the shout out and the link back! I appreciate it. Cant' wait to see the finished tv stand!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice job on the cake -- it's so cute. We are Alabama/Auburn fans here in my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job!!!! I went to State, my dad graduated from state, my brother played football at state.... so we're Dawg fans around here. But we have some weird family members who attend Ole Miss and love them, too. Gotta love 'em both if you live in MS, at least to some degree.
    Whddya think of the new Ole Miss mascot??!! Black Bear??!! *sigh* Wish they hadn't messed with tradition.
    Hope Austin loved his cake. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails